This Thursday at 8pm we are starting our new Micro Tastings as part of our summer Blue Plate Special promotion. The Micro Tastings are a great deal. You get a taste (about an ounce and a half) of 8 different wines for the great price of $8. What's more the wines have been specially selected by the Wine Geeks here at Alfa (namely Joe and EB). We have picked some great warm weather themes that should be a perfect end to a hot summer day.
We are starting, this Thursday, with RIVIERA WHITES. Known for it's playboys, supermodels, and pristine coastline, the French Riviera is also buzzing with great wines and winemakers. The whites from the Riviera can be exotic and lush and they can be fresh and crisp, but one thing overall, they are perfect for drinking on the veranda at Monte Carlo.
Here's a list of the wines for this week. They range from steel aged Chardonnay to blends of Viognier and even some Ugni Blanc.
- Hob Nob, Chardonnay, Languedoc/Rousillon 2006
- Domaine de Martinolles, Chardonnay, Vin de Pays d’Aude, FR 2006
- Chateau Routas, Wild Boar White, Provence FR 2007
- Chateau d’ Aussieres, Blanc, Corbières, 2006
Vignobles Boudinaud, Grange des Rouquette, Marsanne/ Viognier, Vin de Pays d’Oc 2006
- Domaine de Gournier, Viognier, Vin de Pays des Cevennes, 2007
- Maison Maurel Vedeau, Sauvignon Blanc, Vin de Pays d’Oc 2006
Les Eydins, Viognier, Cotes du Luberon, 2004So just to recap: 8 wines - $8 - 8pm - THURSDAYS ALL THROUGH THE SUMMER.LOOK FOR NEXT WEEK'S TASTING - Global Rose